Punch Press Setter Operator
Punch Press Setter Operator required immediately on a temporary to permanent contract.
Duties include loading and unloadind machine with sheets of steel various mm in depth. Checking products for any defects and reporting these to the production manager.
• Identify the tools required to punch the part requested.
• Correctly setting the machine using tooling lists and component drawings to produce flat parts.
• Check the blank component to drawings and adjust the tools to produce the part to the drawing.
• Change the machine setting to punch a variety of sheet variations.
• Identify when tools need regrinding or adjustments.
• Knowledge of using and adjusting cluster tools.
• Take corrective actions to maintain quality of parts.
• Follow quality procedures in place.
• Communicating well with other team members.
Working hours: Shifts 6.00am to 14.00pm and 1400-2200 (except Fridays 1200-1930)
Rotating each week.