We are currently recruiting for a HR Advisor for our Educational client based between Halesowen / Stourbridge area.
This role works with the Home and School management team to support the Human Resources Function and provide advice within the Homes and School whilst working closely with the Human Resources Team.
You will need to be be aware of changing employment law legislation and Ofsted regulations, and have a good understanding in the field of human resource practices in order to ensure the provision of sound professional human resource advice and administrative support services to the School Trust.
The post holder will be expected to travel between the Trust’s sites, and to and from other places as the Trust may reasonably require. Overnight stays may also be a requirement. Evening and weekend working may be required at certain times.
The HR Advisor will be CIPD qualified and registered with CIPD is essential. (CIPD qualified to L5 is a requirement for appointment.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Responsible for full investigations
- Full range of sickness absence management
- Planning organisational change
- Responsible for production of monthly reports from systems
- Post recruitment advertisements, manage activity and contact candidates
- Maintain new starters and termination correspondence and files
- Collation of data input and equality data
- Issue offer letters/contracts of employment
- Undertake full vetting of recruits including reference checking
- Travel between sites occasionally
- Take notes of HR meetings, investigations and hearings
- Produce any require reports
- Provide support to all HR team as appropriate including diary management, arranging meetings and any other administrative duties.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel for spreadsheets and staff records
- Good Analytical skills with employment records
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge and understanding of HR functions within an organisation
- Hold CIPD to level 5 or equivalent experience
- Effective communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ensure confidentiality
- Experience withing a Care or Education industry an advantage
- Able to manage and prioritise workload
- Provide a high level of attention to detail
The working hours are flexible but require a minimum of 35 per week over 5 days.
The salary for this role is £25,188 to £30,433 based upon skills and experience level.