Quality Control Inspector
Quality Control Inspector required for our growing manufacturing client based in Brierley Hill.
Demonstrating a creative and enthusiastic approach, the quality control inspector will implement and maintain quality management systems to measure and control quality throughout the entire organisation. The Quality Officer will work with all departments to establish quality standards for products and processes and set out the standards in documents and processes for the team. The Quality Officer will base their systems on ISO 9000, which sets out the criteria for our Quality Management System.
The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team is integral to the position.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards.
• Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained.
• Reviewing operating procedures
• Monitor and report on quality related key performance and measurement indicators including scrap monitoring, rework levels, etc.
• Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (ISO 9001)
• Assist with training and development of quality awareness
• Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system.
• Manage Quality related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier, customer, etc).
• Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective and preventive actions for product quality issues.
• Regular random and scheduled audit of processes and products.
• Observe, monitor and inspect all operations to ensure that they meet production standards.
• Identify areas of concern in both materials and the manufacturing process and making recommendations to address concerns raised.
• Ensure all finished products meet statutory, regulatory and safety regulations.
• Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced.
• Ensuring all measuring equipment and tools are properly calibrated always.
• Remove all products and materials that fail to meet specifications; raw materials, WIP, finished products.
• Record and report inspection and test data in prescribed manner.
• Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products and concerned parties
• Assist with first off sample approvals
• Write reports and presentations.
• Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
• Undertake continuous training and development
• Work collaboratively with your peers/team on one improvement idea a quarter that is implemented to, drive H&S, service or cost improvement.
• Communicate widely and efficiently with colleagues and other stakeholders, to achieve effective workflow across departments
Working Hours: 08:30 – 16:30 with a 30 minute break
Salary guide: £20k to £22k D.O.E