Quality Manager required for our client based in Wednesbury. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and dynamic enginnering company with exciting plans for future growth. We are looking for an experienced quality Manager to join our team.
The role will be responsible for Quality Management operations of the company, managing a small team to maintain existing quality systems and accreditations across our Testing & Engineering Division
Main Duties & Objectives:
• To internally audit laboratory activities on a minimum of an annual basis. This is to included management systems and technical audits.
• To train team members as required, related to the respective systems.
• Collect and report monthly performance data.
• Internal and external document control
• Work with all departments and have a natural ability to interact at all levels within the organisation.
• Liaise with customers regarding complaints.
• Be able to demonstrate an ability deliver root cause analysis.
• Chair quality meetings and briefs.
• To work across our divisional sites as and when required.
• Build strong working relationships both internally and externally.
• To support, manage and maintain compliance to ISO 17025 and UKAS accreditation and to AC7004 for NADCAP (aerospace) accreditation.
• To help develop other quality systems and accreditations as and when the organisation should decide to introduce.
• To undertake internal system and technical audits as required in the agreed time frame with the Quality Manager.
• To have responsibility for evidence gathering as and when required.
• Gather internal performance data to achieve internal KPI criteria e.g. customer complaints.
• Maintain quality issues register and assist with root cause analysis and corrective action process to prevent recurrence.
• Ensure that all control documents reflect the standards as stipulated by the various official bodies.
• Complete customer questionnaires and liaise as required.
• To work across different departments within the organisation at all levels, to train and support the team with quality related projects.
• To travel between laboratory locations, as and when required to perform quality related tasks.
• Support 2nd party (customer) and 3rd party (UKAS/NADCAP) audits
• To perform all tasks as and when required in connection with this role, as deemed necessary
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ideally has a science-based Degree or equivalent
• UKAS and NADCAP knowledge and understanding
• Previous Management Experience
• A good attention to detail
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Able to think in a logical manner
• Work effectively at all levels both internally and externally
• Good Interpersonal & team working skills
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong analytical skills and an understanding of uncertainty of measurement
Salary & Benefits offered:
• 25 days holiday + Stats
• 39 hours per week Monday to Friday
• Salary guide c£35K