Production / H&S Manager
Production / H&S Manager required. Our client a well established global manufacturing organisation based in Dudley who supply its products globally to leading blue chip companies is looking to recruit an experienced Production / H&S Manager. The role will report directly to the MD & Operations Director.
The successful Production / H&S Manager will be responsible of up to 50 manufacturing personnel and Supervisors and for the quality, on time delivery and cost efficient production of components.
You will be responsible for achieving the daily production plan in a consistent, efficient and effective manner by managing productivity, labour, and materials ensuring that the company’s policies and procedures are communicated and followed at all times.
You will ensure the department operates within budgetary constraints and report on K.P.I’s and exceptions to the monthly management meeting. You must have strong proven man management skills with previous production management experience.
The role will involve identifying and implementing continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methods. In addition you should understand the requirements of the Health & Safety at work act and preferably hold a NEBOSH certificate or equivalent.
• Previous Production Management knowledge & experience ideally within a fast moving manufacturing environment
• Health and Safety knowledge with NEBOSH or Equivalent qualification
• Up to date knowledge of Modern Production and logistics methods and is able to implement changes to current practices with the minimum of disruption
• Effective communicator with both strong verbal & written skills
• Previous experience of process improvement and development activities within a modern assembly environment.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead from the front.
• Disciplined and organised in their approach
• Lean experience and able to show a desire to be a champion for continuous improvement & change
• Previous experience of working within a fast paced manufacturing environment driven by KPI's.
• The ideal candidate will have ONC/HNC in mechanical and/or production engineering or equivalent and experience in advanced manufacturing techniques within a high volume-manufacturing NPI environment.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, working Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16:30. We are looking for someone who is flexible to meet needs of the business.
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum, depending on experience.