Quality Engineer required for our manufacturing client based in Brierley Hill on an ongoing temporary contract until the end of 2021.
We are looking immediately for a quality engineer that can demonstrate a creative and enthusiastic approach. Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will implement and maintain quality management systems to measure and control quality throughout the entire organisation.
The Quality Engineer will work with all departments to establish quality standards for products and processes and set out the standards in documents and processes for the team. The Quality Engineer will base their systems on ISO 9000, which sets out the criteria for our Quality Management System.
The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team is integral to the position.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards.
• Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained.
• Reviewing operating procedures
• Monitor and report on quality related key performance and measurement indicators
• Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (ISO 9001)
• Assist with training and development of quality awareness
• Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system.
• Manage Quality related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier, customer, etc).
• Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective and preventive actions for product quality issues.
• Regular random and scheduled audit of processes and products.
• Identify areas of concern in both materials and the manufacturing process and making recommendations to address concerns raised.
• Ensure all finished products meet statutory, regulatory and safety regulations.
• Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced.
• Ensuring all measuring equipment and tools are properly calibrated always.
• Assist with first off sample approvals
• Write reports and presentations.
• Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
• Work collaboratively with your peers/team on one improvement idea a quarter that is implemented to, drive H&S, service or cost improvement.
Working Hours: 08:30 – 16:30 Monday to Thursday & 8.30am to 1.30pm Friday
Salary guide: c£35k to £45k D.O.E